01 May, 2008

MAY DAY BIRTHDAY

Today is my birthday, and it is also a communist holiday. Who knew. Well actually I did because I worked for some Russian Scientists years ago and they informed me. Unite my Commy brothers and celebrate the 8 hour work day and me.


This piece of gorgeousness is my birthday card created by the incomparable Kristina. To celebrate my birthday I decided not to work tonight and instead I hung out with my coworkers. I believe in bringing some kind of work home with me artwork, people, whatever it takes.


These blurry girls are some of the 17 people who showed up for a card club/birthday event tonight. Look at that FOOD. Yum. I ate till I was sick. Lasagna, homemade salsa, salad, dips, breads and chips, Italian sodas, all topped off with chocolate bar cakes cooked for 1 minute in the microwave. Don't knock it till you try it. Awesome! (I think it is funny that Annie is blurry in all the pictures I have of her. She's a woman on a mission.)

I think everyone should have card club on their birthday. It's an instant party and these girls are really fun. These are the cards we made. I requested gift card holders and Kristina came up with some gorgeous designs.



It was a good day. Thanks girls.

No comments: